We are a small core team closely knit with the wetland community, ties that we have been building for over a decade. Here we are.
- Sandeepan Biswas is the President of SCOPE. As serendipity would have it, he was born on World Wetlands Day. He is from a pharmaceuticals background but with a commitment to improving livelihood activity support for the wetland people.
- Proshanta Kumar Ghosh is the Secretary of SCOPE. He is a teacher at a rural school and a wetland researcher with a focus on the relationship between rivers and wetlands, as well as coastal wetlands and their status in eastern India.
- Tapan Kumar Mondal is the Vice President of SCOPE. A native of these wetlands, he saw them expand before his own eyes for several decades. His ground level knowledge is one of the most important guiding forces for SCOPE.
- Sushanta Biswas is the Treasurer of SCOPE. He is a physician by training.
- Siddhartha Sen is a member with an interest in filmmaking and a deep-seated love for nature and folk culture. He is an avid photographer.
- Debashish Dalui, a member of the wetland community, is one of the oldest associates of SCOPE.
- Indrani Khan is a researcher working on research focused on the East Kolkata Wetlands. She has a background in Environmental Science and is a doctoral candidate at IIEST Shibpur.
- Dhruba Das Gupta is a wetland researcher with over two decades of association with the East Kolkata Wetlands. She is currently involved in research at IIEST Shibpur and is the Project Director of SCOPE.