- Sandeepan Biswas is the president of SCOPE. An ardent wetland lover, he is from a pharmaceutical background and passionately believes that we owe our survival to wetlands in general and EKW needs to be preserved as a living heritage.
- Proshanto Kr Ghosh teaches Geography at the senior school level and is working on his thesis on wetlands and livelihoods. He is a strong believer in community-based wetland conservation.
- Subhamita Chaudhuri teaches Geography to postgraduate students at West Bengal State University, where she is Associate Professor. She is our map expert.
- Sudeshna Ghosh teaches Geography at Mahadevi Birla World Academy and has a very strong initiative in student mobilisation and support for the East Kolkata Wetlands.
- Drs Sushanta Biswas and Partha Jana are the medical experts in our team. Any health intervention is to be guided by them.
- Siddhartha Sen, a retired government servant, belongs to the family of entrepreneur Bhabanath Sen, who taught the world urban agriculture and co-recycling in solid waste management.
- Dhruba Das Gupta, with a background in rural development, Project Director at SCOPE. She is also an environmental writer and has an interest in environment and rural development issues and wetland ecosystems in particular. She has gathered useful prior experience by working intensively with wetland expert Dhrubajyoti Ghosh on the East Kolkata Wetland ecosystem. She also had a stint in journalism for about a decade.